MOE FAKIH, LEED AP (Rater, O+M) CCP, GPR, BPI
Moe Fakih possesses both private and public sector experience, working as a City Planner in Orange County processing project entitlements totaling millions of dollars and presenting project details to the public. Prior to joining VCA Green, Mr. Fakih was principal at AEF Consulting, Engineering, & Construction, Inc., a Southern California sustainability consulting-construction firm specializing in California Green Building Code and LEED projects.
Early in his sustainability career, Mr. Fakih certified a LEED Existing Buildings Operations & Maintenance gold level hotel in San Francisco, the first hotel in the world to achieve the title. He later designed and built the first LEED Commercial Interior remodel in Anaheim Hills, implementing sustainable improvement strategies that reduced electricity costs by over 50% and water consumption costs by 43%.
Mr. Fakih has established sustainability polices for new construction and existing building owners that have strong return on investment (under two years), favorable internal rate of return (up to 355%), sizeable net present value, met code compliance, and delivered differentiation by intelligent branding.
In 2008, Mr. Fakih flew to Washington D.C. to help establish weights to the LEED Buildings Operations & Maintenance National Accreditation test. In 2009, he chaired the first LEED Existing Buildings Operations & Maintenance U.S. Green Building Council Sub-Committee. He drafted a white paper on California Green Building code verification measures that assists building inspectors and plans examiners verify CalGreen code compliance. Active in the community, Mr. Fakih served as the “Sustainability Judge” for restaurants participating in the first annual Sustainable Business Council’s People’s Choice Awards.
- Bachelor of Arts, International Security and Conflict Resolution, San Diego State University
- Master of Arts, Public Administration with Urban Planning emphasis, San Diego State University
- LEED Accredited Professional Operations and Maintenance
- Building Performance Institute – Analyst
- Certified Green Building Professional
- US Green Building Council – Orange County (Chair 2010, Vice-Chair 2012)
- US Green Building Council – National Member
- US Green Building Council – Los Angeles Member
- Long Beach Community College District Advisory Board on Sustainability (2009)
- Sustainable Business Council Master Mentor – Los Angeles
- Clean Tech San Francisco